top of page

How do dig money from USA Universities?

Updated: Jan 30

The vast majority of American colleges and universities provide some kind of financial aid to international students who need it. The trick is to apply to the correct school for the skills you already possess. Some evidence that could back up your claim that you hold the requisite skills would be helpful. The website for the institution uses a lot of academic jargon, such as "TA," "GA," "RA," "out-of-state tuition waiver," "scholarship grant," and so on. The aforementioned types of scholarships are not necessarily offered by all US colleges and universities. Careful research, including reading materials provided on the website and talking to existing students, is required while selecting universities. You should be aware of the requirements needed to receive the aforementioned scholarship.

TA: Outstanding TOEFL scores are required for a teaching assistantship (TA), ideally over 115/120 on the iBT exam with a minimum score of 27 on the speaking component. If you have the required score, you can apply to schools that provide TA to overseas students. If you didn't obtain 115/120 on the TOEFL, don't give up hope; there's always next time. Those who do well on on-campus tests of spoken English at select U.S. universities may be eligible for teaching assistantships.

Those with the potential to pursue their own lines of inquiry are the recipients of RA: Research Assistantships. These skills can be highlighted in the mission statement and should be properly backed by either international or national publications. An abstract of the project or technical paper presentation could be written and linked to a completed project certificate. You can look at the National Science Foundation's website, which ranks universities according to the amount of money given to each university in the United States, to find out which ones provide research assistantships.

10 views0 comments


bottom of page